Suitable for Freezing
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp commercially available vegetarian Korma curry paste
- 3 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 450ml light vegetarian stock
- 6 onions, peeled and chopped
- 675g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 x 425g tins chickpeas, drained
- 250g flaked almonds, toasted
- 150g creamed coconut, grated
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Gently fry the garlic, ginger and Korma curry paste in 45ml/3tbsp of the oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock and cook for a further minute. Blend the ingredients in a liquidiser until smooth.
- In the original pan, fry the onion in the remaining oil for 3 minutes, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour the curry paste over the onions and mushrooms, and add the drained chickpeas and most of the coriander. Heat gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the creamed coconut and flaked almonds, reserving a few, and season to taste. Serve hot, garnished with the remaining coriander and a few toasted almonds. Serve with rice or cous cous, poppadums and mango chutney for a satisfying Indian meal.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?