- 150g Camargue red rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small orange, cut into segments
- 1 small orange, juice only
- 100g mangetout, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ small cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp flat parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- ½ cos lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ gas mark 6. Rinse rice and cook in boiling water for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Mix the olive oil and orange juice in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Drain the rice and stir in the dressing while still warm.
- Roast the pepper for 30 minutes until charred. Place in a bowl covered with cling-film. When cool pull off the skin, deseed and slice into strips.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter.
- Mix the other vegetables, orange segments and herbs into the rice and spoon onto the lettuce.
- Arrange the roast pepper on top and garnish with sprigs of mint.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?