- 2 oranges
- 300g rhubarb, sliced
- 100g strawberries, cut in half
- A few drops vanilla extract
- 20g sugar
- 8 tsp white sugar to top each heat proof dish
- Zest the oranges or grapefruits, then peel with a knife. Slice the fruit horizontally, remove the centre section and cut the slices into segments. Set to one side.
- Place the rhubarb, strawberries (if using), 1/2 tsp zest, vanilla extract and 20g sugar into a pan. Simmer on a low light for 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Divide the rhubarb between four heat proof dishes.
- Arrange the orange or grapefruit segments to cover the rhubarb completely.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar onto the top of each heatproof dish and immediately place the dishes under a hot grill until the sugar starts to melt and caramelise. (This can also be done with a catering blow torch.) Allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?