- 3 medium beetroot, topped and tailed, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 25g walnuts
- 100g quinoa
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and finely sliced
- 60g vegetarian feta cheese
- 50g spinach
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10g fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Wrap the beetroot chunks loosely in tin foil and place in the oven on a baking sheet for about 20-25 minutes until they are tender but still have a crunch. Whilst the beetroot is cooking, scatter the walnuts over the baking sheet and cook for 2 minutes then carefully remove from the baking sheet and set aside. Once the beetroot is cooked, remove from the oven, drain any excess liquid and leave to cool.
- Place the quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the seeds start to sprout and are tender. Drain with a sieve and set aside to cool.
- Make the salad dressing by putting the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and seasoning in a small bowl and whisking together.
- Construct the salad by dividing the quinoa between two salad bowls and placing the remaining ingredients on top. Finally, crumble over the cheese and then drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?