for the skewers
- 400g smoked tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
for the dressing
- 1 small orange, zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp tahini
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
for the flatbread filling
- 500g golden beetroots, peeled and finely shredded
- 200g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 100g spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 vegan flatbreads, warmed
- Cut each block of tofu into 16 equal sized cubes. Mix with the olive oil to coat and then thread onto 8 metal skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium heat. Griddle the skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning a couple of times to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- For the dressing: Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together with a fork for a few seconds until combined. Season to taste with black pepper.
- For the flatbread filling: In a bowl toss together the beetroot, Brussels sprouts and spring onions with half of the dressing and half of the sesame seeds.
- To assemble: Place the warmed flatbreads on serving plates and top with beetroot salad and 2 tofu skewers each, followed by a drizzle of dressing and a sprinkling of the remaining toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?