Suitable for Freezing
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500ml low sodium vegetable stock
- Pinch of turmeric
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- 300g frozen Quorn chicken-style pieces
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 300g wholemeal couscous
- Set a large, deep-sided non-stick pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the onion, garlic and peppers to the pan and cook gently for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the smoked paprika and cook for another minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, turmeric, olives, meat-free chicken-style pieces and cannellini beans. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- While the stew is cooking, prepare the couscous by placing in a medium sized shallow bowl with 600ml of boiling water (just enough to cover the grains). Cover with a plate and leave for 10 minutes. Remove the plate and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Add the peas to the stew and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley, then simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the stew in bowls with the couscous.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?