This recipe serves four, so you could eat half and save the rest to eat cold for lunch the following day. Eggs provide a good supply of B vitamins that help to convert food into energy and support a healthy nervous system.
- 250g waxy potatoes such as Charlotte or new potatoes washed and sliced into ½cm thick slices
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, seeds removed and discarded finely sliced
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- A few chives snipped into small pieces with scissors
- 50g frozen peas
- 100g salad leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Simmer the potato slices very gently in boiling water for about 8 minutes until just cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them. Drain.
- Cook the onion in a medium frying pan with 2 tsp of the oil over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until softened.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a whisk or fork then season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives and the peas.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan and add the potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture and cook gently for about 15 mins until almost set and golden brown underneath.
- Put the frying pan under the grill. Cook for a further minute or two.
- Turn the omelette onto a plate, cut into quarters and serve one quarter per person with salad leaves dressed in lemon juice.