- 80g brown rice
- 20g cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 160g marinated tofu pieces
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 50g frozen soya beans
- 10g coriander, finely choped
- 2 tsp reduced sodium light soy sauce
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 20 minutes until tender.
- While the rice is cooking, toast the cashew nuts in a small pan over a medium heat until they turn golden brown. (Watch the pan carefully as the nuts can easily burn.) Once browned, remove from heat.
- Next, heat the oil in a wok or large, deep-sided frying pan, add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for one minute, then add the tofu and cook for a further two minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, courgette and soya beans, adding a small splash of water to the pan so the vegetables can cook in the steam. Cook for five minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring in the cashew nuts halfway through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the coriander and soy sauce.
- When the rice has finished cooking, drain the rice and divide it on to two plates, then top with stir-fry.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?