- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 675g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 600ml coconut cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes until tender. Add the sweet potatoes and lemongrass and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool the soup slightly, then liquidise with half of the coconut cream and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, add the remaining coconut cream.and season with salt and pepper. Heat through without allowing the soup to boil, and add the lime juice.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the lime zest.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?