Suitable for Freezing
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli stems cut in half depending on size to give 16 pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 125g sweet potato, peeled and very finely diced
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 20g blanched almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 12g currants
- 1 small lemon, grated zest and juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 packet filo pastry
- 125ml bio natural yogurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Parboil the Tenderstem for 4 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and sauté the sweet potato for 5 minutes until almost tender. Add the shallots and almonds and cook for a further 5 minutes until both vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 2 minutes before adding the currants, lemon zest and juice and seasoning.
- Cut the pastry into squares approx 15 x 15cms. Brush one sheet with oil and place a second sheet on top. Dot a good tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture in a horizontal line 2 cms from the top and place two Tenderstem stems on top, top to tail, overlapping if necessary.
- Roll over and turn the edges in, brushing with oil and roll into a cigar. 5. Brush the top with oil. Repeat until you have 8 rolls. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?