For the Frittata
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 200g baby spinach
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- 10 large free-range eggs
- 250g low-fat cottage cheese
- 16g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 16g fresh mint, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- 700g baby new potatoes
- 2 tsp light butter
- 150g mixed salad of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Line a 24cm square tin with baking parchment.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and gently fry the spring onions and broccoli for 3 minutes. Add the spinach, in handfuls, to cook for a couple of minutes until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Spread the vegetable mixture evenly over the base of the tin with the broccoli alternatively layered top to bottom. Scatter the peas over the mixture.
- In a large jug, whisk the eggs together, then stir in the cottage cheese and ¾ of the fresh herbs. Season with black pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, ensuring that the mixture is evenly distributed over the vegetables.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the eggs are set. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before cutting into squares.
- To prepare the potatoes: Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil and simmer for 12-15 mins until just tender. Drain the potatoes then return to the pan, add butter and stir through the remaining herbs.
- Serve the frittata with a portion of buttered new potatoes and some mixed salad.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?