For the dessert
- 150ml strong black coffee
- 2 tbsp tia maria
- 250g mascarpone
- 300ml double cream whipped
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 150g plain chocolate grated finely
- 200g vegetarian sponge fingers
- 1 tbsp chocolate coated coffee beans
- Make the coffee and leave until cold. Strain into a shallow bowl and add the Tia Maria.
- Fold the mascarpone cheese into the whipped cream. Stir in the sugar and 2/3 of the grated chocolate.
- Dip half the sponge fingers into the coffee quickly, one at a time and lay them in the base of a glass bowl.
- Spoon half the mascarpone and cream mixture over the biscuits.
- Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 chocolate over the top and decorate with chocolate covered coffee beans. Refrigerate for at least one hour (or overnight if possible).