For the bruschetta
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5g fresh basil leaves, torn
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 medium slices ciabatta
For the salad
- 1 x 210g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, finely diced
- 100g rocket
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the butter beans, parsley, yellow pepper, rocket, lemon juice and 1 tsp of the olive oil. Season.
- Toast the ciabatta slices until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Once toasted, brush each slice with the remaining olive oil.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the bread slices and serve with the butter bean salad.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?