For the bruschetta
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5g fresh basil leaves, torn
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 medium slices ciabatta
For the salad
- 1 x 210g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, finely diced
- 100g rocket
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the butter beans, parsley, yellow pepper, rocket, lemon juice and 1 tsp of the olive oil. Season.
- Toast the ciabatta slices until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Once toasted, brush each slice with the remaining olive oil.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the bread slices and serve with the butter bean salad.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?