- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 medium leek
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 80g cream cheese with garlic
- 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 40g mature Chedder cheese, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 6 and bake the potatoes until cooked through, approximately 45 - 60 minutes.
- When the potatoes are nearly finished baking, prepare the leek by slicing it almost in half lengthways, then fan it out under a running tap to wash away any trapped dirt. Slice each half into four lengthways, then cut into 5mm slices.
- Blanch the leek by plunging into a medium-sized pan of boiling water for one minute. Drain and set aside.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan over a low heat for a couple of minutes, watching them carefully so that they do not burn. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes have finished baking, cut them in half lengthways, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, and retain the potato skins for later.
- Add the cream cheese and milk to the bowl with the potato flesh, season with black pepper, and mix together with a fork.
- Fill each of the four potato skins with the potato and cheese mixture, then top first with the leeks, followed by the grated Cheddar cheese.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with pumpkin seeds and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?