Suitable for Freezing
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g spring greens, very finely sliced
- 8 vegetarian sausages
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 300g frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 10g fresh mint
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and then add the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, place a large, deep-sided non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Add the spring greens and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they are wilted and tender. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Cook the sausages according to the instructions on the packet then set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and then transfer back to the pan. Add the milk and butter, then mash until smooth. Add the spring greens and spring onions then continue to mash until fully combined.
- Add the peas, onion and mint to a medium saucepan. Season with the salt and add 1 tbsp boiling water. Place the lid on the pan and cook on a medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Serve the sausages with the colcannon and peas.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?