For the main salad
- 700g new potatoes, cut in half if bigger than 4cm
- 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4-6 asparagus spears, per person
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 100g soft vegetarian goat's cheese log, thinly sliced
- 6 large radishes, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, parboil the potatoes for 15 minutes, until slightly tender. Drain and cool for 5 minutes before placing in a roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Pour half over the potatoes, mixing well. Roast for approx 25 minutes until soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on a separate baking tray and dry roast for 3 - 4 minutes to intensify their flavour. Do not let them burn!
- Trim the woody ends off the asparagus spears and discard. Steam the asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes (depending on size) until tender. Place in a dish and pour over the remaining dressing.
- To assemble the salad: cover the base of a large, wide salad bowl with spinach leaves; place the potatoes on top followed by the sliced goat’s cheese (which will melt slightly), and then by the asparagus. Finally sprinkle with the roasted walnuts and garnish with the radish slices.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?