For the main dish
- 300g courgettes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g can haricot beans, rinsed and drained
- 500ml passata
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g wholewheat tagliatelle
- 40g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 80g smoked vegan cheese, grated
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- Place the courgettes, peppers and onion wedges into a large bowl and drizzle over the oil. Toss together until the vegetables are lightly coated in oil.
- Heat a griddle pan and chargrill the vegetables until they are softened and have chargrill lines. This will need to be done in batches.
- Place half of the haricot beans into a bowl and mash until smooth with a potato masher.
- Pour the passata into a saucepan with the crushed and whole haricot beans, garlic and mixed herbs. Gently heat the sauce and simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Add 4–6 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to the pan to loosen the tomato sauce if it looks a little thick.
- Drain the pasta and stir into sauce along with the chargrilled vegetables. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Preheat a grill to medium. In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, grated cheese and walnuts and sprinkle the crumble over the pasta. Place under the grill for 4-5 minutes until the crumble is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve in bowls with mixed salad leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?