- 175g dried whole apricots, chopped in half
- 2 tbsp marmalade
- 75g margarine
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 75g oat flakes
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 25g pecan nuts
- Soak the apricots for 3-4 hours in 300ml hot water. Bring to the boil in the same water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. The apricots should be fairly soft.
- Mix in the marmalade. Then put the mixture including all the liquid into a greased oven-proof dish. Add a little more water if necessary to cover the fruit.
- To make the crumble topping, rub the margarine into the flour, then add the oats and sugar. Reserve 8 pecan nuts and grind the rest coarsely. Add these to the crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the fruit. Arrange the whole pecan nuts on top. Bake the crumble at 180°C/gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?