Suitable for Freezing
- 3 aubergines, cubed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Thumb sized piece ginger, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 400ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 100g spinach
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- 400g Basmati rice
Watch the recipe being made here:
- Cube your aubergines. Add them to a pan with no oil and cook on a medium heat until they are nice and browned and shrivelled. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan and then throw in the chopped red pepper, chopped onion, 2 finely sliced cloves of garlic and the grated ginger. Add the turmeric and the garam masala. Mix everything together.
- At this point, get your rice on (cook following pack instructions).
- Once the onions are softened, add the peanut butter.
- Mix it in, and then pour in the coconut milk and the chickpeas (with the chickpea water). Mix everything together, and then add the aubergines and the spinach.
- Bubble the curry down until it is nice and thick (should be 5-6 minutes on a medium heat).
- When the curry is ready, add a handful of chopped coriander and squeeze in the juice of the lime. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the heat.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?