Suitable for Freezing
- 600g tinned chickpeas
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 red chilli, grated
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander,
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large chunk ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Finely chop 2 onions and 3 cloves of garlic. Grate a big chunk of ginger. Throw into a pan with a little oil and let soften for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of ground coriander and 2½ teaspoons of garam masala. Mix it all in.
- Break your cauliflower into little florets, and add that to the pan. Coat the cauliflower in the spices. Add a bit of water from the chickpea tin to loosen the curry.
- Finely chop 4 tomatoes and add these to the pan. Season everything with salt and pepper, and then add 600g of chickpeas. Add a can of coconut milk, and mix everything together. Add a grated red chilli.
- Allow the curry to putter away on a medium heat for 20 minutes, or until it is nicely thickened.
- Add a large handful of chopped coriander at the end, and squeeze over the juice of a lime. Enjoy!
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?