- 4 ripe figs
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red chilli, sliced into thin strips
- 200g walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp reduced balsamic vinegar
- Wash the figs and trim the top. Carefully slice each fig to divide them into 4 sections without fully slicing through.
- Place a little mango chutney into each fig and top with the crumbled feta cheese. Place to one side ready to grill.
- In a large pan heat the water and dissolve the sugar. Add the walnuts and continue to cook until most of the water has evaporated. Using a spoon lift the walnuts out of the sugar mixture and allow to cool.
- Using a sharp knife remove the peel and pith of the orange. Carefully work your way around the orange to cut out each orange segment just inside the segment membrane.
- Grill the figs for 7 minutes under a moderate heat until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Assemble the salad with the figs in the middle. Dress with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish the figs with finely sliced strips of chilli.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?