- 4 ripe figs
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red chilli, sliced into thin strips
- 200g walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp reduced balsamic vinegar
- Wash the figs and trim the top. Carefully slice each fig to divide them into 4 sections without fully slicing through.
- Place a little mango chutney into each fig and top with the crumbled feta cheese. Place to one side ready to grill.
- In a large pan heat the water and dissolve the sugar. Add the walnuts and continue to cook until most of the water has evaporated. Using a spoon lift the walnuts out of the sugar mixture and allow to cool.
- Using a sharp knife remove the peel and pith of the orange. Carefully work your way around the orange to cut out each orange segment just inside the segment membrane.
- Grill the figs for 7 minutes under a moderate heat until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Assemble the salad with the figs in the middle. Dress with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish the figs with finely sliced strips of chilli.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?