The ideal veggie dinner party option. Such a fun dish.
© Mob Kitchen in partnership with the Vegetarian Society.
- 3 red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon
- 225g halloumi
- 80g rocket
- 4 large flat portobello mushrooms
- 1 large ciabatta loaf
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Chop your peppers into chunks. Add them to a tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes until soft.
- Finely slice your onions. Add to a pan with a splash of oil. Cook until soft, and then add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. Season with salt and pepper and grate in the zest of a lemon. Once the onions are nice and caramelised, remove them from the heat.
- Slice your halloumi into thick chunks. Pour over a tablespoon of honey, some pepper and a drizzle of oil. Rub it in to the pieces, and then place the halloumi on a hot griddle pan for 3 minutes on each side or until nice and soft.
- In the meantime, deal with your rocket. Add the rocket to a bowl and squeeze over the juice of a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Slice up your Portobello mushrooms and fry them in a small amount of oil until shrivelled and dark.
- Warm a ciabatta under the grill.
- Assembly time. Halve your ciabatta. Spoon on some onions. Then add the rocket. Then the peppers. Then the halloumi. Then your mushrooms, and then top it off with any leftover rocket. Place the top halve of the ciabatta on to the sandwich, carve it up and tuck in!