- 250g cannelloni tubes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100g vegetarian Italian-style hard
- 2 balls vegetarian mozzarella
- 400g fresh spinach
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 250g vegetarian ricotta
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying and for the filling
Watch the recipe being made here:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Start with tomato sauce. Chop 3 cloves of garlic. Fry in a pan until softening. Then pour in two tins of tomatoes. Add a splash of water to the tins to get all the leftover tomato off the sides, and pour that in. Pour in 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, and then simmer that until it resembles a thick sauce. Add a handful of chopped basil, season with salt and pepper, and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Filling time. Wilt all your spinach. Squeeze it so you get rid of any excess water, and then chop it up. Put in a bowl, and add your ricotta, half your Italian-style hard cheese (grated), the zest of a lemon, some salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix everything together.
- Stuffing time. Spoon the filling into any bag with a corner. Cut a little hole in the corner, and then squeeze the filling into the cannelloni tubes. Line the tubes up in a baking dish.
- Cover the stuffed tubes with tomato sauce. Top everything with slices of mozzarella. Grate the rest of the Italian-style hard cheese over the top.
- Place in an oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Bish bosh bash. Done.
Nutrition per serving