- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 500ml good quality vegetable stock
- 100ml whole milk
- 150g dried spaghetti
- Small head of broccoli, stalk removed, chopped
- into small florets
- 16 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 60g frozen peas
- 1 large courgette, spiralised
- 30g vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Small bunch of mixed herbs (such as parsley,
- thyme and mint), roughly chopped
- 100g soft vegetarian goat’s cheese, roughly
Watch the recipe being made here:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and fry gently for a couple of minutes until the onions start to go translucent. Add in the garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the stock and milk. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the spaghetti. Lower the heat so there’s a gentle bubble, then place a lid or some foil on the pan. Turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the spaghetti, then add in the broccoli, stir, place the lid back on and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the asparagus, cook with the lid on for 2 mins, then add the peas and spiralised courgette. Cover again and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove the lid, stir in the vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, lemon juice and herbs, and dot on the goat’s cheese before serving.