- 2 large avocados
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or orange – not
- green), finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g tin black beans
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 corn on the cobs
- 450g vegetarian Cheddar cheese
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 white tortilla wraps
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying and drizzling
Watch the recipe being made here:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Finely chop 2 peppers and 1 onion. Place in frying pan on medium heat. Once softened, add 3 teaspoons smoked paprika. Allow to soften further for another 5 minutes.
- Wrap 2 corn on the cobs in tin foil. Place on baking tray and place in oven for 20 minutes, turning half way through. When ready, remove from oven and slice off the sweet corn and set aside in a bowl.
- Add your black beans to the pan. Add salt, pepper and a handful of chopped coriander. Mash everything together and remove from heat.
- Salsa time. Scoop out flesh of 2 avocados into a bowl. Add 4 finely chopped tomatoes, a handful of coriander, the juice of a lime and season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Mash everything together and put in the fridge.
- Drizzle in some olive oil. Place a white tortilla wrap on the pan. Scatter some Cheddar over it. Spoon some black bean mix on top of that. Scatter over some sweetcorn kernels. Scatter more Cheddar on top, and cover with another wrap. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, and then flip it. The wraps should be golden, and the cheese should be melted. When this is so, remove from the heat and slice into quarters.
- Serve the quesadillas with the cold salsa!
Nutrition per serving