Make sure you bake the lasagne until the cheese is nice and golden.
© Mob Kitchen in partnership with the Vegetarian Society.
- 700g peas
- 250g asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Olive oil
- 200g spinach
- Bunch of mint
- Bunch of basil
- 400g vegetarian ricotta cheese
- 100g vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese
- 1 lemon
- 300g lasagne pasta sheets
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Boil your peas. Mush half of them, keep the other half whole.
- Boil your asparagus for 5 minutes until al-dente.
- Get a large pan on the heat. Fry 2 chopped cloves of garlic in some olive oil. Once softened, add your spinach. Wilt it, and then add your mushy and whole peas. Mix everything together, and then add your asparagus and a large handful of chopped mint and basil. Add the ricotta and 80g of the vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese. Add a squeeze of the lemon and season with salt and pepper, mix everything together and then remove the filling from the heat.
- Get an oven-proof dish. Add a layer of the green filling, and then a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat with more filling, more pasta and then finally top with the remaining filling, the remaining vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, the pasta should be cooked and the cheese golden and bubbling. Tuck in and enjoy!